Fallschirm Sturm Kompanie!

Fallschirm Sturm Kompanie!
EW Fallschirmjager

Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Post!!

Hey folks,

Max here welcome to my Fire For Effect! web-blog thingy. This blog is for me to rant and rave about my current hobby.

My love for miniature wargaming started back in 1984 when I attended a model/game convention in Pasadena, California. I grew up with my father, and my hero, who built 1/35th and 1/72nd scale military models (mostly military vehicles) and is a huge WWII military history enthusiast. I remember building my frist model at the age of 7 and continuing thru high school until other interests, and lack of time, got in the way.

That fateful day in 1984 pretty much cemented my love for wargaming. Mr. Steve Lorenz was running a intro game to his fantastic “PANZER WAR” rules in 1/285th scale. The miniatures, the terrain, everything had me hooked.

Today, some 30 years later, I’ve moved up to 15mm but still pretty much play WWII. In 2006 I picked up my first Battlefront miniatures and a rulebook for “FLAMES OF WAR”. While the rules are “OK” I prefer other rule sets. With the popularity of FOW it is difficult to get players to try different rulesets, even if you don’t have to re-base.

Well that is all for the first post. Enjoy my blog!!

Max

No comments:

Post a Comment